- 7-channel Plug & Play upgrade amplifier with integrated 8-channel 64 Bit DSP for BMW HiFi sound systems (option 676)
- Simple installation at the original mounting place via included Plug & Play connection cable and mounting plate
- MATCH Extension Card slot (MEC) for additional input / output modules like Bluetooth® Audio Streaming, High Resolution Audio Streaming via USB etc.
- Revolutionary DSP features such as the “Augmented Bass Processing” which dynamically optimizes the bass response of the under-seat woofers, the “StageXpander” that significantly broadens the stereo perspective and the “RealCenter” function, which allows a perfectly focused sound staging for both driver and co-driver
- Start-Stop capability down to 6V supply voltage
- Optical input in SPDIF format with sampling rate between 12 and 96 kHz
- Mono RCA output for the connection of an external amplifier e.g. subwoofer amplifier
- Easiest configuration via the intuitive DSP PC-Tool software
Class HD technology
The UP 7BMW combines the advantages of a Class H technology with the principle of a class D amplifier. The result is an unsurpassed efficiency which easily outperforms any conventional Class D amplifier. By varying the internal supply voltage depending on the amplifier’s amplitude of the input signals, idle losses are significantly reduced and overall efficiency is close to maximum at any time.
Smart highlevel input ADEP.3
Modern, factory-installed car radios incorporate sophisticated possibilities of diagnosing the connected speakers. In particular the latest generation of BMW car radios are equipped with additional monitoring functions so that failure messages and loss of specific features (e.g. fader function) quite often appear if a common amplifier will be hooked up – but not with the UP 7BMW.
The new ADEP.3 circuit (Advanced Diagnostics Error Protection, 3rd Generation) avoids all these problems without loading the speaker outputs of the OE radio during high volumes unnecessarily.
The switched power supply of the MATCH UP 7BMW assures a constant internal supply voltage even if the battery’s voltage drops to 6 Volts during engine crank. If the supply voltage drops below 10.5 Volts for more than five seconds the amplifier goes to “Protect mode” (Status LED lights up red) in order to avoid any further discharge of the car’s battery.
Automatic Digital Signal Detection
Switching from analog input to the digital input is done automatically as soon as a signal is detected on the Optical Input. This feature can be deactivated in the DSP PC-Tool software. Alternatively you can use an optional remote control for manual switching between analog and digital inputs.
Power Save Mode
The Power Save Mode is incorporated in the basic setup. It allows to significantly reduce the power consumption of the UP 7BMW and potentially connected amplifiers once there’s no input signal present for more than 60 seconds. Please note that in many up-to-date cars with “CAN” or any other internal bus structures it may happen that the radio remains “invisibly” turned on for up to 45 min. even after locking and leaving the car! Once the “Power Save Mode“ is active the remote output and therefore the connected amplifiers will be turned off. The MATCH UP 7BMW will reactivate the remote output within a second if a music signal is applied. It is possible to either modify the turn-off time of 60 sec. or completely deactivate the “Power Save Mode” via the DSP PC-Tool software.