- Suitable for all car radios – a perfect match for upgrading factory sound systems (even those with factory-installed amps)
- Generates a stereo preamplifier signal from the speaker output signal of a car radio or amplifier
- “Double Activation Circuit” – generates a +12 V remote signal in two different ways to turn on connected amplifiers
- Excellent sound quality thanks to very wide frequency response (18 Hz – 22,000 Hz)
- “Power Save Mode” significantly reduces the power consumption of connected amplifiers when no input signal is present
- “Diagnostics Error Protection” circuit avoids undesired messages error messages in the CPU of your car
- Low standby current consumption
- Extremely compact and therefore easy to install
- Maximum reliability thanks to top-notch SMD manufacturing technology
Original factory sound systems typically have a significant disadvantage – they don’t offer any pre-amp output for driving additional amplifiers.
Here’s where the new HELIX AAC.2 comes into play, it generates a perfectly conditioned pre-amp signal from a speaker level output from an arbitrary car radio or amplifier.
The new AAC is more intelligent than any other signal converter on the market today. Its “Double Activation Circuit“ generates a remote signal for controlling external amplifiers in two different manners.
Either it will detect the DC offset on the speaker output of typical factory radio or it uses an integrated signal detection circuit with variable input sensitivity that can be activated as an additional feature.
|Maximum speaker input level
||16 Vrms (= 65 Watts / 4 Ohms)|
|Maximum output level
||18 Hz – 22,000 Hz|
|Total harmonic distortion (THD)
||30 Ohm (complex load)|
|Standby current for remote output
|Maximum current for remote output
|Dimensions (H x W x D)||77 x 37 x 20 mm /
3.03 x 1.46 x 0.79″
1 x Signal converter AAC.2